Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Aboriginal Education



 I watched some of the work being done today by our aboriginal education teacher with the students in Ms. McAllister's class.

She had pieces of drift wood that the students used to envision animals and to paint.

It is a very interesting project and the students enjoyed having me guess what animals they were making or to tell me a bit of a story about them.

Thanks Ms. Haavisto for the work you do with our students in this important part of their learning.

After lunch I drove to Sechelt for a meeting with the Superintendent, other members of District staff, and my fellow principals. I knew it was going to be a long meeting and so I stopped at the pier in Davis Bay to catch my breath a bit and take in some what living here on the Sunshine Coast has to offer us.

As I looked around on the dock, my mind wandered back to what I had seen earlier in the day.

Things are good...


No comments:

Post a Comment