Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Experimentation


Now what is this bit of scraggle (I don't think that's a word, but like some of little ones, it makes sense to me). Actually, if you click on this link it will take you to a panorama I created while on supervision at recess. I was in a great spot to see most of the children at play and the software app that created this is simply 'plug and play'. Don't you love the technology you as adults may have to use in your work. Imagine the future and the kind of technologies your children - and my grandchildren - will have when they get to our age. I certainly hope we do a good job as educators to prepare them for that future.

Experimentation was going on in many of the classes today and this class was using microscopes. I need to find the key for the science shelves, since this teacher had to go about doing this work minus the slides.

Other nature activities are underway in other classrooms and I look forward to sharing some of the images from those students work with you later.

Today was photo day and the children here and many of the staff had photos taken. My mom will be surprised to get a photo of me for Christmas!

I've been told that retakes are November 1 and that you will see proofs from today prior to making a decision for or against purchase or to have a retake.

A big thank you goes out to some students in Ms. Andersen's class, being taught today by Ms. Krannenburg, for being great volunteers balancing their classroom work with giving helpful assistance to the photographer.

Finally, I had a chance encounter today on the playground with a young boy who may be attending Cedar Grove next school year. I understand his parents were students at the school many years ago. This encounter was most touching. I found out that there is some fund raising going on the help this boy get some much needed medical attention. Ms. Webb has her class involved in a penny drive and so far has raised over $100 which will go towards his need and there is a fund raiser on October 27. I'm sure if you wish to find out more about the event, Ms. Webb will be happy to share the information with you.

Volleyball practice in the morning and I gather the girls have a couple of games ahead of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment