Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Post Hallowe'en

Today was much in line with my memory of post-Hallowe'en days. The children had lots of energy out on the grounds at recess and lunch and there were a few more bumps and bruises of the minor sort today than I can recall for any day in the past three weeks.

The majority of grade sevens and a number of the sixes went off to the Sugar Bowl to play soccer with students from other schools and though I did not have a chance to speak with them at the end of the day, I did talk with Ms. Anderson who said the day was fabulous. Wonderful weather and a good time for her and the children. I'm certain I will hear more about that event tomorrow. A big thanks goes out to Natalie one of our SETAS (Special Education Teaching Assistants). We were short two SETAs today with sickness and that meant less supervision. She did a great job out there today at recess and lunch to help with the little owies.

Mr. Pond was showing the students one of the sites on the internet he was going to be using with the students today and then I helped him get things going with the class. I think some of you may like to see the National Geographic Maps: Tools for Adventure site he was working with. I know I'll be back to visit here again.

We will be having an assembly tomorrow at 9:45 am and I did not send out any information to you about it. The assembly is a casual gathering and one of the parents will present some information regarding the Campbell's Soup Label collection we are going to start. I'll be talking a bit about my observations of the social behaviours I have seen on the ground, and I have a special audio-visual treat for the students. You are more than welcome to attend.

In keeping with the season and for a bit of humour, I wore a tie from my Christmas collection today.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of how our commercial society seems to be moving with getting Christmas going in the stores on November 1st.

We do have poppies at the school to help us reflect on Remembrance Day and you and your children are welcome to pick one up. Our assembly for Remembrance Day will be November 10th at 11:00 am and you are most welcome to attend.

Cheers for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment